Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another light catcher

I guess I will run out of bits or my fascination with creating small sculptural assemblages that incorporate a suspended crystal to catch the light will wane. But I have not reached either of those points yet. So as you can see from the photos below I have created another quirky light catcher.



This piece has been made from one ornate piece from a brass bed, an old brass Bunsen burner, a vintage cork screw with a horn handle, a brass block and a brass wing nut. I am trying different approaches to suspending the crystal - this time I have used a bit of brass chain - a bit of a work in progress. Still I like the look of this piece - it makes me smile.

2 comments:

  1. What fun, and what originality! You always manage to put together the most unlikely objects....and somehow make them look as if they've been made for each other :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. C - Thanks for the comment - I know for me the trick is to see the connections before I start - so I need to look at my collection of junk and pick out the bits I think are going to blend to create a unique piece - fun. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.