Friday, September 3, 2010

How is your serenity?

Today has been a pretty huge day in a physical way. Fiona and I had committed to working with Brendan and his dingo to relocate 6 cubic metre of gravel onto the lower terraces so I can spread it over the next week. It is very hard to keep up with a machine - we were moving the gravel downhill so Brendan could take it on a two minute trip.

I had also committed to helping a 78 year old neighbour cut down all the large branches of a very large avocado tree - a two hour chain saw etc etc job. By 2pm I was whacked.
This afternoon Fiona had a research related interview In Maroochydore so I took the opportunity to duck across to Nambour to buy a bench grinder that can double as a metal work polisher.
But after all that and before settling down with a wine and homemade pizza I did manage to create a small palm sized reflection-meditation bowl. The photo of the bowl in my grimy hand indicates the size.



I guess I made this bowl as a statement - although the day has been demanding our life on the block and in our neighbourhood is rewarding and full or good things - so serenity bowl was a fitting way to end the day.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of serenity at the end of such a BIG day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After receiving one of your metal bowls it is interesting to see your process and way you create them in you posts here... I love the beautiful bowl you sent me-- thank you so much! I have put it here near me and my computer.. to bring me peace and serenity. After receiving one of your metal bowls it is interesting to see your process and way you create them in you posts here... I love the beautiful bowl you sent me-- thank you so much! I have put it here near me and my computer.. to bring me peace and serenity. D

    ReplyDelete
  3. D - I am glad the bowl made it to your place and that it sits near you and your computer - I smile when I think about my small bowls made with postive vibes being shared in different parts of the globe. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.