Friday, March 29, 2019

Compassion, gentleness and kindness

©2019 Barry Smith - Back of the brass leaf on compassion
Today I managed to finish the compassion leaf-leaves that I was asked to make as a gift of thanks for someone who has supported another through a very difficult grieving process.

I decided to make the brass leaf with the quote as asked.

©2019 Barry Smith - Hammering on the anvil
©2019 Barry Smith - Annealing - brings out the stamped words
©2019 Barry Smith - A gentle finished piece
But also made a trio of leaves with the quote plus gentleness and kindness.

©2019 Barry Smith - Trio of silver-plated leaves with the compassion quote plus gentleness and kindness
And because I could I made a few small leaves to give away.

©2019 Barry Smith - A bit of love and kindness
The brass leaf and the trio of leaves will be posted in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely idea, they look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. brass is tricky to work, you do it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the letter ghosts in the first image

    ReplyDelete
  4. P, MC & LA - I;m sorry that it has taken me so long to respond to your generous visits and comments. P - I had an email from the person concerned - they are loved. MC - I find brass easier to work than nicely-silver which is brill and hard. LA - love your comment about the ghost letters. Love and peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.