Sunday, November 17, 2019

Starting and continuing

©2019 Barry Smith - Stamped star and tiny lowers
There was not a lot of time available to get into the garage-studio over the weekend - plenty of things to do on the block and in the neighbourhood.

I had a plan in my mind about what I would do this year as tokens to recognise the work of some of our local volunteers. I need to keep it simple as I need to make about 40 of these tokens of appreciation. I have decided on a concave triangle that has a star (volunteers are stars) and small flowers The photo above shows a bit of the detail of the stamped star; and the photos below just a couple of photos of the process.

©2019 Barry Smith - Deciding on the size of the metal triangles  - marking up rough silver-plated metal
©2019 Barry Smith - Comparison of smaller and larger triangles of metal
©2019 Barry Smith - Stamped concave triangles - about 60mm from top to bottom and 40mm across the bottom - hole in the top in case some want to turn them into pendants of for a keyring - still in need of grinding and polishing
I think this design will work so I will now make about 40 of them.

I used a bit of time to progress the word-leaves. The bigger ones are now ready for grinding and polishing. The smaller ones have been hammered but need opening before grinding and polishing.

©2019 Barry Smith - Small word-leaves hammered ready for opening
©2019 Barry Smith - Larger word-leaves opened and ready for grinding and polishing
Progress on multiples can seem slow - but that is just because of the numbers. Hopeful;l;y they will be done during the week.

3 comments:

  1. love these star bowls and word leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MC - the stars will be gifted to our local neighbourhood centre volunteers at their Christmas part in a couple of weeks time. Peace. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. is the star new? I have to think I would have remembered it ... and I'm loving the concave triangle forms

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.