Friday, November 22, 2019

Tokens and other bits

©2019 Barry Smith - Peace pieces for our tree on the rust table - late afternoon sun
I have grabbed bits of time during the week, and a little today, to progress the stash of word-leaves and tokens for gifting that I'm working on.

As part of the process of making the tokens for gifting I decided to use some quite thick and hard silver-plated nickel silver to make peace pieces to go on our metal 'christmas' tree. The photo above is the set of nine that will be used I think.

In the end I have made 66 concave triangular shaped pieces.

©2019 Barry Smith - A stash of peace pieces - stamped
©2019 Barry Smith - A stash of tree of life pieces stamped
©2019 Barry Smith - Star, tree of life and peace pieces. 
©2019 Barry Smith - Sixty-six pieces drilled and pressed ready for grinding and polishing
I started to grind and polish all of them today; but only managed about 20. More photos of the peace pieces for our tree.

©2019 Barry Smith - Peace pieces on the grinding work bench 
©2019 Barry Smith - Shadows of peace pieces
©2019 Barry Smith - The joy of silver-plate and rust
We will see what the weekend brings.

3 comments:

  1. P - I like being able to send a few tangible bits of peace and kindness out into the world - just a little thing but it may help folk think about peace and kindness a bit. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. that first picture has me humming "all together now ... all together now ... "

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.