Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Of boats and boat sheds

 

Boats - small fishing boats have been popping up in my line of vision-awareness over the last few weeks as we have travelled around the highland-islands. I simply share a few of the boats and a couple of a fishing boat shed (such as the one above at the Rousay Island harbour and the local cove at the end.

Random fishing boats - both functional and broken.








Armadale cove fishing boat and shed.

Of course my favourites are the broken and weathered boats - hopefully I will get to do water colours of a couple of them.

1 comment:

  1. and I wonder about the ones that have been abandoned ... did their skippers know that they had made their last journey in the end?

    and oh, the Lauren Rose is one cute boat ... it has such a jaunty little cabin

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.