Sunday, February 4, 2024

More bits and pieces.

 

I had thought I might blog on my most recent watercolour but it is not complete - so I will do that down the track.

On Friday and Saturday I put in a few hours finishing off painting the flatpack plinths for Fiona; and cracking a stone for one of her works. 

But whilst I was painting I got to experiment with creating a cottage form with a chimney at each end - just like our cottage in Scotland. The opening photo shows rough moulded cottages with heat impacted moulding sand still attached.

Following are some process photos- the first one shows some striking colour on the base of one of the pours. Couple of pewter goblets were sacrificed for metal!!!



The photo below shows how I have filed and sanded one of the rough moulded wee cottages to create a form to use to made replicas such as the one in the photo. The wee cottages are 2cm long, 1.5cm wide and 1.5 cm  high plus a 3mm chimney.

The plinths I talk about are different sized versions of the tacked together one below - 7 plinths - 3 sizes - tallest is 60cm and smallest 30cm high. 

A few photos of the sand and painted pieces - 35 pieces of plywood in all. After letting them dry thoroughly they will be packed for transporting to Scotland later this year. Painted both sized of the ply.



Following are a few photos of the sandstone rock that needed splitting and marking it ip before cutting a groove into it so that Fiona can install her metal words - F can tell that story.



This morning was spent at DEP printing cards and sorting type - never a dull moment in an art life.

1 comment:

  1. the double chimneys are a great addition to the cottage form! ... Liz A

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.