Friday, April 19, 2024

Two beauties

 

I got time to whittle away at some timber to carve a couple of timber vases as you can see from the photo above. The smaller tall one on the left is carved from a piece of the fallen liquid amber tree branch; and the one on the right from a scrap of rough cut camphor laurel.

Some process photos follow. In one you can see that I used the draw blade to shave the rough cut area off the camphor laurel. I was going to leave the bark on the liquid amber but found it had lifted in the drying process is ib the end it had to be removed.





I must say - carving these forms can be quite relaxing. The only drawback I have had to date has been that fine wood dust has the tendency to get in my eyes even when wearing protective glasses.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.