Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A visitor and other matters

©2017 Barry Smith - A regular visitor
Over the last couple of weeks we have had a Kookaburra dropping by to check out the soldering iron sculpture post near our rock river. Well at least it seems to find that it is a convenient resting spot. We have seen it sitting there just looking around; and on occasions doing a bit of maintenance. Kookaburra photos were taken with the Canon Powershot.

©2017 Barry Smith - Art appreciation?
©2017 Barry Smith
I didn't get a walk in this morning as the morning broke rain free; and I felt I needed to oil the decks while there are a couple of fine days predicted. But I did get the chance to check out some of the beauty and the unusual on the block - including a newly emerged orchid; and new and fading fungi.

©2017 Barry Smith - Starling colour - the ants seem to be interested in nectar
©2017 Barry Smith - These were in their full glory yesterday morning - still there is a beauty about then as they dry out
©2017 Barry Smith - Someone appreciated this fungi
©2017 Barry Smith - Exquisite shape - love the lines and crinkles
©2017 Barry Smith - Looking a bit like an ear 
The fungi just seems to remind me that life can be fleeting.

6 comments:

  1. i love seeing your place through your lens. and the kookaburra just makes me smile! such a good reminder of my visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in New Mexico, roadrunners can be seen running to and fro. The other day I opened the front door to find one just a few feet away, resting on one of the columns by the front door. Don't know who was more surprised, me or the road runner! Several have been in our backyard and on our roofs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever seen a kookaburra ... what a great introduction your images are. Thank you.

    And the fungi ... it's easy to see their kinship with your hammerings

    ReplyDelete
  4. kookaburras bring so much joy with their laughter, no matter how dire the straits seem to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb photos; the Kookaburra is especially delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photos as usual. Do love that orchid. We were supposed to have rain today, so far not a drop. I think kookaburra's always look ao self satisfied.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.