Sunday, December 3, 2017

Fire fighting Artisan Lamp

©2017 Barry Smith - Fire fighting hose nozzle Artisan Lamp with oversized  vintage light globe
Including this commissioned Artisan Lamp, I have now made three lamps that have a copper and brass fire-fighting hose nozzle as the core element. It is a bit rare to find such nozzles in collectable shops; but in my fossicking I managed to purchase two. The third lamp was made from one that was owned by the person who commissioned the lamp.

There is aften more than meets the eye in an thinking through and assembling an Artisan Lamp. I thought in the case of this lamp I would include a sketch so the owner could see how it was constructed and the parts that came together to make it.

©2017 Barry Smith  - Most pieces chosen for modification and assembling
©2017 Barry Smith - Sketch of the lamp
The lamp stands about 50-60cm high without the globe. I needed a large globe to complement the size of there body of the lamp. I think the one I had on hand is a little big and too powerful; but the new owner can make that judgement.

©2017 Barry Smith - Artisan Lamp on the workbench ready for testing 
©2017 Barry Smith - Fire fighting hose nozzle Artisan Lamp - - powerful light
I was pleased how the lamp turned out. The new owner is very happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.