Friday, October 7, 2022

Cutting and drilling - preparation

 


I have completed cutting up and pre drilling the pieces I need to make Post 37 - some of the pieces of beautiful rusty bits are in the photo above.

Previously I had sanded and screwed and nailed together the two pieces of timber to make a post 1.8m high, 30cm wide and 9cm thick; and had nailed a rusted top on each length of timber - see below.


Some more photos of rusted elements follow.





Hopefully tomorrow I will start assembling the post - but it has been a good rust day!!!!! I have really appreciated having my Makita side grinder and a new drill to do this work.


1 comment:

  1. So much beautiful rust! And a thing of real majesty is emerging...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.