Monday, October 24, 2022

The beauty of stones

 

I have been fortunate to collect a few stones from the cove stone beach. I have added an additional dimension to them by grinding grooves as you can see from the photo above - the stones have been given a light oil to enhance the colours. The shininess will disappear as the oil is absorbed by the stones.

I started with a selection of stones that felt good in the hand and had a certain visual appeal; and then marked them up before grooving them with a diamond blade in my angle grinder. The work is guided by the marked up lines; but in the end the work is a bit freehand as I simply support the stones on a sand filled leather pad. 


Grooved stones done this visit. The grooves encircle the stones except for the simple crosses.






Some of these stones will make their way to Maleny - a strong memory of place in Scotland.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.