Sunday, March 19, 2023

Finishing metal cottages and boat hull form

 

Before travelling to Scotland I finished grinding and polishing 7 small melted metal (pewter) cottages that were hand formed in a graphite mould I carved. The cottages are about 3.5cm long, 2.4cm high and 2.1cm wide. I love how quite a few of the cottages ended up with a slight rainbow colouring as you can see in the photo above and below.


I also finished grinding and polishing a pewter boat hull form. I just love the rainbow colours on both the top and underside of the hull form.


I still experiment with adding other metals to the pewter to see what effect I get - creative fun - most often not able to replicate consistently.

2 comments:

  1. so happy to learn you are headed back to Scotland ... Liz A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet Anvilartifacts.comMarch 23, 2023 at 2:48 AM

    These are wonderful, Barry! The rainbow effect is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.