Friday, March 10, 2023

Go gently hearts

 


One of Fiona and my sayings for 2023 is "go gently" - encouraging ourselves and others to be kind to ourselves, kind to our minds and move through the world more slowly, quietly without judging ourselves too much.

I made probably about 15-20 metal metal hearts with "go gently" stamped on the back. These have been gifted to folk over the last few months.

I decided that I would make another stash to have in reserve as give aways particularly when we return home from Scotland.

I tend to do a metal (pewter) melt when I'm in the workshop doing other tasks. Each time I get to pour about 4-5 hearts of two sizes. 

By adding a few brass offcuts to the mix I fluke it sometimes and get a pour that has a gold sheen and even a purple dot where the pour is finished. This blog post just shares some images from a few of those pours.



Whilst I have quite a few hearts in the tool box draw I will make s few more over the next week.




The hearts will get stamped with "go gently" when I return from Scotland.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.