Friday, January 12, 2024

Finishing the black freshwater pearl series

 

I was gifted a large string of black freshwater pearls (8-9mm in diameter each) to do what I wanted with them. 

In the end I: gave back a shorter string of pearls that were in the more classic style; made a more informal lariat string for a friend; made a three string set on tiger wire for sale; and have finished using the remaining pearls on earrings and a pendant as seen in the opening photo - also for sale.

Following are photos of the earrings.




The double strand lariat was a bit tricky to make as the friend wanted a particular loop and toggle 'clasp'.


The three string necklace is can be an informal or formal piece.

In keeping with my recent approach I have tried to use all the pearls so they don't just sit around for another day. This means this series is now complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.