On Monday Fiona and I went to a neighbouring village to pick up a couple of things from the local store; and to have a takeaway coffee sitting down at the local slipway. After coffee we headed back to the store but detoured when we saw a sign saying "pier" - so we investigated to see the difference between a slipway and a pier. Turns out the pier is quite historic; and a long structure that jutted out into the sea that the fishing boats tied up alongside.
Anyway I digress. What caught my eye was all the beautiful rust around what is now a quasi abandoned structure. In this blog post I share but a few of the images of rust. I like the opening photo of the ladder leading down in to the sea. Other bits of rust beauty follow.
When we were walking to the pier we came across a wee rabbit that had made it's home under some slabs of stone surrounded by good camo grass.
And we spied a boat that may be painted in the future.
Sometimes the unplanned trips offer much joy.


.jpeg)


.jpeg)




Look at all that beautiful colour and texture!
ReplyDeletelove the contrast of the old blue boat in the long grass with the oranges of the rustiness
ReplyDelete