Sunday, April 24, 2011

Light between the lines

Though Fiona and I have been working pretty hard finishing the last phase of our work-work and preparing for the next phase, we agreed to head to the studio again this afternoon to get in one last 1.5 hour burst of creativity. I find when I am pressed for time I tend to fall back on a series I have worked on in the past that I can build on and enjoy.

Given I have sold a couple of my light catchers I decided to do a couple more just for fun and see how they worked out. On Friday I made Light Shuttle and today I made a mini catcher called Light between the Lines.
Barry Smith© Light between the Lines
Barry Smith© Light between the Lines
It is a pretty cute little piece (about 170mm high and 70mm round) made from an old bunsen burner base, part of a welding tip guide and a brass button nut - and of course a crystal from a vintage chandelier. So I did manage to do a bit of art on each of the three days of Easter Weekend - I feel good about that.

9 comments:

  1. love 'em as always! Have enjoyed reading of your travels, but nice to see you back creating... and have been loving the photos that have been iBarry'd!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong and delicate at the same time!
    I LOVE your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Almost has a metaphysical quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the weight of the metal in combination with the lightness of the crystal. A satisfying piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barry!! i soooooooo LOVE your light catchers!! this one is CUTE!! and i never would have guessed that it was a bunsen burner! it's been a long time since i heard this word actually ... the last time was in high school in a science lab LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi s,SS,AM,JG,JM & LT - it is always uplifting when fellow artists are also intrigued &/or inspired by my bits and piece. SS - glad you like the iBarry'd shots - nice term. JM - agree I like the lightness of the crystal between the metal. LT - funny what pieces of history one picks up in seeking out odds and ends for our assemblage collections. Go well and create well. B

    ReplyDelete
  7. unique and compact..almost portable.. what could be better? sensational assemblage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. L - agree with the portability - bit like the the portable shrines of monks? B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.