Friday, February 15, 2019

Tidying up

©2019 Barry Smith - Long spirals of silver-plate from the edges of round placemats
The tidying up of my garage-studio continues as I'm determined to divest myself of stuff I don't use; and make the garage-studio space a bit more creative friendly. A couple of photos of the rearranging follow.

©2019 Barry Smith  - Space sorted, cleaned and ready for a more efficient set of recycled cupboards
©2019 Barry Smith  - Looking more organised on the other side of the garage - still aways to go
I'm also determined this year to use some bits that are sitting on the worktable to enable me to keep the clutter down. This means using offcuts as soon as I can - this includes using the spirals of metal left over from the Tree of Life bowls and bits I salvaged as part of the silver-plated tray cutting episode I did quite some tome ago. I was able to cut 'tiny pages' out go the edge of one of the spirals to make some tiny book jewellery and other bits to make some earrings and pendants.

©2019 Barry Smith  - Punching holes in salvaged cut bits including round tray handles
©2019 Barry Smith  - Small silver-plated 'metal chips' for the smelting collection
©2019 Barry Smith  - Tiny book pages - 12mmX20mm - cut stamped and ready for drilling
©2019 Barry Smith  - Punched and reward for grinding and polishing
©2019 Barry Smith  - Stamped and drilled and ready for grinding and polishing
Because I ran out of time the bits need to be ground, polished and assembled - a job for the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. look forward to seeing what you do with those ring tray handles and the spirally off cuts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MC - thanks for the visit and comment. As you know there is always a plan - I hope to complete the jewellery during the week. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.