Sunday, June 21, 2020

Out of darkness and other bits

©2020 Barry Smith - Shine, hope and peace emerge from the darkness
I committed to making seven sets of business card sized inspirational word cards. Whilst I did this as you will see from the photos following, I did get side tracked by the gorgeous purple and the gold dusting powder. I decided to try the colour and the dust on black cards that were left over from one of Fiona's earlier jobs. I was delighted in the beauty of the contrast of the colours. As I said in the heading to this blog it was almost like the words were emerging out of the dark paper.

I decided to do a limited run of hope, peace and shine - words we need in these challenging times.

©2020 Barry Smith
©2020 Barry Smith
©2020 Barry Smith
And those photos of the other inspirational words on 300gsm white cotton paper.

©2020 Barry Smith
©2020 Barry Smith - Cards in the drying racks
Fiona's dad (Graham) does a lot to encourage action in folk - I asked him if he would like a stash of shalom cards to give out since I was on a printing roll.

©2020 Barry Smith - Shalom for Graham
©2020 Barry Smith - Shalom for the DEP gallery shop
Fiona asked me to do a print test on some old beermat coasters to see how they would come out if you printed them on all siders - interesting word coasters emerge.

©2020 Barry Smith - Interesting outcome
And a couple of racks of out of the darkness cards

©2020 Barry Smith

3 comments:

  1. peace, hope and shine are beyond perfect ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the glow out of the darkness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Love the uplifting messages that you and Fiona share. The cards are especially beautiful with the black paper.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.