Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Beauty after rain

 

The air felt so light a clear this morning after light rain overnight. I am always drawn in by the droplets lining to the rain washed plants and blossoms. The intensity of colour of a single iris  in a kerbside garden drew me in.






Love the crystal clarity of a drop of water on a crinkly kale leaf.

The lorikeets were out celebrating and cleaning and preening this morning; and they are loving the grevillea flowers.



G's orchids were also refreshed.



Over breakfast Fiona and I talked about the importance of finding hope in small things and in random acts of kindness - holding on to those things when there are so many big and darker things are beyond our control.


1 comment:

  1. as I read the title of your post, I couldn't help looking up at the carpet of cenizo blossoms that fell to the ground during last night's heavy downpour ...

    your random acts of kindness are an ongoing inspiration ... and I couldn't help but think of the effort required as I looked at the image of the bird in midflight

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.