Sunday, August 21, 2022

Small scribed and etched cube

 

It has been a very busy weekend looking after visitors and getting parcels ready to send to Scotland. But I did need a little creative hit so I decided to make a small cube ( 62mm cube) using one of the aluminium plates with etched circles and to create a counter point I carved lines into another plate that had not been etched. Completed cube above.

I cut a 55mm wooden cube; and as you can see I have clad it in aluminium plate using solid brass nails. Some process photo follow.




And of course the cube from a couple of different angles. Each of the six faces is different.




What am I going to do with it I hear you ask - at this stage I have no idea - just created because I thought it would look grand.

4 comments:

  1. something delightful upon which to gaze ... no further purpose needed, although I'm guessing it's fun to hold as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. MC, F & LA - thanks for your comments. MC - it is a little bit quirky. F - just need a big marker to put the dots on? LA - I agree - quite nice to gaze upon - but also it has a great feel in the hand. Cheers. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.