Friday, November 25, 2022

Stone cottage, meditation stones etc

 

Bit of mixed bag today art-making wise. Just for myself I tested if I could cut a stone cottage from a raw, rough, hard stone. It appears I could as you can see from the photo above - the small cut and lightly polished cottage (4.5cm long, 4cm high and 3.2cm wide) and the stone it came from sitting on my anvil. A couple of additional photos below. The stone comes up quite dark with a bit of polishing on my grinding wheel.


G asked if I could cut  crosses into 20 or so stones that he could give to folk to hold when they did their Christian meditation. The last photo is of the washed and lightly sealed stones - silicon crease.



I have been asked to make 9 tea light candle holder in the shape of a house. I only have the one silicone mould so it is a matter of making one prepay - and of course there are always byproducts - hearts and coasters!! Making cement objects is not just about moulding the forms - there is the sanding, filing and cleaning off to finish them - dusty work.



I was a good day of art. The stones were delivered to G.

2 comments:

  1. interesting how the silicone enhanced the marks on the cross stones ... and my first impression of your stone house was that it was cast metal ... which made me wonder if a cast could be made of your carved version

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LA - thanks for your faithful visits and comments - most appreciated. You are right the dark stone looks like cast metal. I'm going to try to cut a graphite mould and see if I can cast Peter cottages. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.