Sunday, November 13, 2022

Stone forms - cut but not ground

 

I was testing to see if I could cut hull forms into and out of raw hard stone using a diamond blade in my battery side grinder. The result you can see above - one form sitting in the other. The forms are 13cm long.

The work was done free hand with the stones resting on my sawing 'horse'. Dusty work; and the cuts are not really pretty as you can see from the photos below. Of course I had solid leather gloves, safety glasses and filter mask; and the work was done outdoors.



The outcomes were quite good.



I think I'm on to something and with slightly more regular stones and using a diamond grinding wheel I could get some nice forms . I'm thinking Scottish stones!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.