Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Dark morning, stars and new trick

 

As you can see from the photos at the end of the blog post I set out on my walk in predawn light - this tends to result in a sky with stars and a purple hue. Fiona has been experimenting with a new technique on her iPhone camera with some very interesting results. She taught me this technique; and as you can see from the photo above I was able to use the technique in the low light on my walk.

Below are some blossoms from G's orchid house.



A grey egret in the Ob Obi Creek in the misty rain yesterday afternoon - you might see on closer inspection it was shuffling its feet to stir up little creatures to eat.

Some random low light morning photos follow. including ripples from a platypus foraging along the far bank.



One of a rainbow in the house at breakfast time.

Following are a couple of pre-sunrise photos with stars. The constellation I know as the Big Dipper (Ursa Major, Great Bear) is visible in the last photo.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, my favorite being the first. The constellation looks like Orion to me, upside down from my perspective in No. California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet AnvilArtifacts.comJuly 28, 2023 at 12:59 AM

    Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.