Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Foliage, flowers, fungi and fragments

©2020 Barry Smith - Soft autumn morning light
I have just got my computer back from repairs; and therefore I'm a bit tentative about what works and what doesn't.

Anyway I got to go for a walk in the clear autumn air this morning. The day started with soft colours across the valley - one of the aspects of autumn-winter that I enjoy.

I was quite taken with the colours and patterns of foliage today.

©2020 Barry Smith - Pattern on stag horn leaf
©2020 Barry Smith - Bright and showy in the sunlight
©2020 Barry Smith - Super dark almost black foliage in the depths of the shadows
©2020 Barry Smith - New growth
But of course there are always a few flowers to create enjoyment.

©2020 Barry Smith - Delicate camellia
©2020 Barry Smith - The odd one
©2020 Barry Smith - So heavy that it was sitting on the ground
©2020 Barry Smith - Fringed with micro droplets
©2020 Barry Smith - Coated in dew
©2020 Barry Smith - An aberration - these are all supposed to be purple
This little forest of fungi welcomed me home.

©2020 Barry Smith - Almost spent
The other aspect of autumn-winter I enjoy is how rainbows invade the house and colour the walls.

©2020 Barry Smith - Rainbow on the wall on a corner
A joyful and hope filled start to the day.

3 comments:

  1. upon seeing the first leaf I thought it to be a watercolor painting ... but as always, nature goes so far beyond what mere mortals can create ... thank goodness for your keen eye and steady hand ... amazing iPhoneography!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.