Sunday, April 12, 2020

Metal on the workbench

©2020 Barry Smith - Stash of leaf pate knives made from metal cut from recycled vintage trays - ground and polished Leaf Pate Knives on the workbench
As you might be aware I have had quite a stash of metal on my work bench. I have been concurrently progressing: ladles, tea-caddy spoons, leaf-spoons and leaf pate knives. I completed the ladles last week; so this weekend I have attempted to get some of the other three finished.

As you can see from the opening photo I did manage to get the Leaf Pate Knives finished; and  the last photos shows the Leaf Tea-caddy Spoons were also finished.

Process photos follow.

©2020 Barry Smith - Leaf Pate Knives - formed and ready for grinding and polishing
©2020 Barry Smith - Leaf-spoons - leaf section formed
©2020 Barry Smith - Leaf-spoons - bowl section hammered - ready for grinding and polishing
©2020 Barry Smith - Polishing the leaf section of a Tea-caddie Spoon with a brass wire brush
Tea caddie spoons were also given a good grinding and polish.

©2020 Barry Smith - Leaf Tea-caddy Spoons 
These functional pieces of metal art shall make their way in to my website shop in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.