Friday, April 17, 2020

Shiny

©2020 Barry Smith - Beautiful functional art objects made from recycled silver-plated trays
Finally I got to finish the Tea-caddy spoons, Leaf-spoons and Leaf Pate Knives. Because I was making multiples of all of these pieces it has taken me quite a long time to take then from the silver-plated metal trays stage to this point where they can be sold.

As you can see from the photo below I ended up with 30 pieces. There were a few discards along the way - metal fatigue in metal from a silver-plated copper tray and also a silver-plated nickel silver tray - one too soft and the other too brittle.

©2020 Barry Smith - A shiny collection on the workbench - the photo does show the similarities between the objects; but also the differences. I do use different technics in the making.
The end products look good.

©2020 Barry Smith - Front and back of the Leafspoons - my take on a teaspoon.
©2020 Barry Smith - Front and back of the Leaf Pate Knives
©2020 Barry Smith - Tea-caddy spoons have a shorter leaf form and a deep bowl shape which is 3.5cm in diameter.
Over the weekend I hope to put some in on my online shop.

1 comment:

  1. those wispy little ties are the perfect accompaniment for the fine lines and organic forms of your metalworks ... likewise the lovely lettering ... so much time and care

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.