Sunday, January 30, 2022

But first hearts - then other stuff

 

Another one of those weekends where I attended to a few things: printing a couple of layouts of my Daily Words booklet; doing some preparation for the installation of the posts on Monday; processing bunya nuts; slicing a lot of heart formed metal ingots; and packing buffalo and bone earrings and delivering them to Maleny Additions. The final pile of the sliced hearts in the rough are above.

Some other photos of the hearts follow: first there are solid silver hearts, then silver-brass hearts and finally hearts attached to a few of the over-poured metal. The smallest hearts are about 1cm across. They all look rough in their cut state - but after drilling, grinding and polishing they will be ready to be turned into gorgeous earrings and pendants.



On Saturday I managed to print four pages - two sheets of my Daily Words booklet. I'm printing 25 copies to achieve 20 quality prints. It is working out well - Fiona assisted with advice about the most efficient printing sequence. The words next to the word Joy are not about Joy; but rather the word Shine.





SHINE

So a full weekend. I didn't get back to the spreading knives - probably get to those during the week.

3 comments:

  1. (((Barry))) I wear your two hearts on a cord every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so of course I went off in search of information about bunya nuts ... fascinating, although I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a bunya tree when the cones are falling!

    thanks for keeping us up to date on the progress of your bookmaking ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. am loving these - both joy and dream though JOY in particular. And I always enjoy watching your processes in the studio Barry.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.