Friday, January 14, 2022

Small sculpture and Daily Words

 

I have been putting together a collection of metal pieces that will go into a pop-up display-shop in Caloundra gallery. I was pleased to finish the above small leaf sculpture - it could go into a garden, on a deck or hallway table as it is about 50cm H, 50cm L, 20cm W.

As you can see the leaf forms on aluminium rod are now set into a curve of rust - cut from segment of very heavy gauge metal pipe that was given to me. It took a reasonable amount of time cutting and drilling - but I like how the rust complements the patinated copper.



I am progressing the 3 sets of daily leaf words - one a commission and the other two because I need stock. The commission includes the words forgiveness and generosity.




I need to polish about another 14 leaves and the commission plus the other two sets are done.

1 comment:

  1. the pipe base for the patinated leaves is genius, but I can see how it might have been quite the challenge to cut ... hopefully the other half is equally usable

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.