Sunday, March 6, 2022

A good outcome

 

On Saturday I did my presentation on my art practice; and did a one hour workshop on leaf making with 20 participants - bit ambitious!!!! 

The event was held in the Caloundra Regional Gallery. A big thank-you to Jo Duke and Jo Huthnance for taking the risk of show casing a metal worker; being willing to support a hands on metal leaf making workshop; and show casing the tools and recycled metal that was part of the event.


I think the photos taken by Jo H show that participants were interested in the presentation.


And the they were right into the making. I set up six workstations with an example of each of six stages of leaf making - that enabled participants to move quickly from one task to the other; have a sample to eyeball and copy; and also for me to address any issues if folk forget what they had to do at any particular stage. Some of the work needed to be done on a solid stool as the benches could be a bit noisy.




The whole event was supposed to take from 11am-1pm; but I was still there helping folk finish their bits at 2pm - I think they enjoyed it and felt good about the outcomes they achieved.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to do. Wish I lived closer, although I think I would be a bit ambitious about done this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing effort B and I'm sure everybody went home thrilled and excited at what they made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing. I work with textiles and to give a presentation and get anything done in 2 hours would stun me. Irene in N Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiring and fun experience for your attendees. No small feat for you to do all the set up and teach that many people in 2+ hours. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an inspiring and fun day for your attendees and no small feat for you to do the set up and teach that many people in 2+ hours. Bravo Barry!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.