Sunday, March 13, 2022

No to war and a few less important bits

 

Over the weekend Fiona and I printed our No to war posters. A simple message really - war is just not acceptable in any form - the people who will truely suffer and be destroyed are ordinary people - ordinary people going about their daily lives - trying to live ordinary lives of love and joy.

I printed two versions of the poster - one simple and one that resulted from over printing three times with one ink up; and masking off the attribution between prints. Though the poster at the bottom of the image has a ghostly second print of the attribution - ink bleeding through the masking paper. The posters are 25cmX35cm.


I like the grain and historic colouring on the wood type I used.

Today I managed to complete a few metal hearts and stars - maybe be fitting given the no to war message. I made pendants from the star metal pieces that had a shadow of a star still on them after I sliced off the bits for earrings.



 May we say No to war and yes to Imagine peace.


2 comments:

  1. love how you & Fiona make so much peace and love for our beautiful broken world

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much like the multiple strikes of attribution in the first image ... and how the wood type holds color, even after being cleaned off

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.