Friday, May 13, 2022

Assessing the situation

 

I managed to get into the studio-workshop today - not so much to do any work but rather to assess how the workshop was fairing in all this rain, whether I had left it in a reasonable state before heading overseas and check some bits and pieces for an upcoming exhibition and making s few earrings etc - including a few sail forms such as above that might become a sculptural unbound book.

The rain on the iron roof of the workshop was just thunderous - but fortunately my workspace was dry - I took a video but it was too tricky to upload.; and I had done a grand job in leaving the workshop clean and tidy before heading to Scotland.

Following are some photos of the bits and pieces I checked out. 

Melted metal boat hulls...


Melted metal wrecked boat hulls

Boat hulls and sails

Sail forms

Earring-jewellery related bits.



I'm sitting this afternoon making a list of the pieces I will create for the Vessel exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.