Friday, February 24, 2023

Using what we have

 

As part of our annual clean up and the garage sale, Fiona and agreed that we would use bits and pieces of art supplies and collections before we buy anything new.

As you can see from the photos above and below I had some small containers with hand made convict nails, pencils left by builders at our former house and armament bits from Flanders Fields from the 1914-18 war. I will turn these into small assemblages that can be wall mounted.





I also found my stencils and left over posters and bits and pieces from the making of my It Won't' Dismantle Itself patriarchy artists' book - as you can see from the photos. I have decided that I will use these bits to make a one off artists' book.



More will be revealed as the pieces are made.

2 comments:

  1. the pencils with their hand-shaved ends and red paint are wonderful ... and I must say I especially like the first arrangement of them ... likewise the hand-wrought nails ... something about their individuality is so appealing ... which relates perfectly to the stencils that you are using in your one-off ... how they were made to create duplicates but are unique unto themselves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a great believer in giving used things another purpose. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.