Friday, July 2, 2021

A load of ladles

 

I can't believe that in the end I made 19 ladles of various sizes, styles and purposes - but the proof is in the photo above and below. The smallest is 2.5cm in diameter and the largest is 7cm in diameter.

There are times when I think - if I'm making functional objects I might as well make a stash. Usually the number can depend on the metal I have cut and the level of energy. This time added into the equation was that I was making some small and micro ladles for scooping olives and capers etc out of oil or vinegar.

A couple of process photos follow - a stash of formed, drilled and polished brass rod handles; a number of ladles that have gone through the final machine grinding and polishing; and the whole load of ladles on the carpet beside my jewellery bench where they got their last polish with a cloth.




Larger ladles that could be used for serving curries, rice etc.


For scooping out olives or capers etc


Deeper small ladles for sauces.


Shallow small ladles for desert sauces.

I think that replenishes my stock for the DEP studio shop and Maleny Additions.

3 comments:

  1. Your production output is always impressive, Barry! These ladles are all beautiful. The little olive/caper ladles are a charming addition to your wonderful collection of serving pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.