Friday, July 16, 2021

Poetry and peace

 

I have started working my way through Kate Clanchy's book How to Grow your own Poem. I would like to be able to write and print my own poems - I attempted this with my poem In This Time.

The ideas to spend an hour a week doing the exercises Kate sets out whilst sitting in a local coffee shop with Fiona working on her stuff.

The exercise included randomly selecting nouns and definitions - so I was using 16 small pieces of paper to help with this. And then I transcribed the nouns and definitions into my poem - still to be tidied up.



Fiona and I have begun our process of creating pieces for International Peace Day on 21 September. One of the things this year is to make peace button.



Of course there are a few casualties.

But there will be a good selection to go out into the world.

5 comments:

  1. I have been having trouble posting. I wonder if this one will work.Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you are making buttons ... and you have so much good material to work with!

    I had conveniently forgotten the "casualties" part of the process ... but the end result is well-worth the "pain"

    ReplyDelete
  3. a Dada poem 100 years on! "Tzara's 1920 manifesto proposed cutting words from a newspaper and randomly selecting fragments to write poetry, a process in which the synchronous universe itself becomes an active agent in creating the art."
    love your Peace buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea to have a peace button. Seems I can post in comments again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi P, LA and MC - it always brings me joy to see old friends dropping in and commenting on my blogs - good to have one's tribe sharing the art wandering we all do. P - your comments are coming through now - thanks. LA - thanks for your comment about the material - Fiona's idea of course. I have improved my technique and understanding of the machine so now on a very odd casualty. MC - that is a great technique. Thanks re the peace buttons - managed to completed 150. All go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.