Friday, July 9, 2021

A tiny challenge

 

I had a request to add to my functional recycled silver-plated spoons and ladles. The request was for a condiments spoon - something small that could be used for salt, pepper, spices, herbs etc. I was asked to make it along the lines of my Leaf Teaspoons.

As you can see from the photo above I have made a stash - the six above are going to Maleny Additions.

Below are some process photos including the template I made for the prototype - turns out it was fine for the rest of the spoons.




The spoon is quite small as you can see from the comparison with a bandaid wrapper - once ground and polished the length is about 9cm.

Some of these will also be in our shop.




2 comments:

  1. what a great suggestion ... beautifully realized

    and I went on a Google jaunt to find images of Maleny Additions ... love their four-square logo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LA - thanks for your praise - it did turn out well and a couple have sold - so there must be a market for such art spoons. Stay safe and go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.