Sunday, December 24, 2023

Pearl necklace

 

Recently I was given a fairly large string of what looked like black-iridescent pearls. Given the weight and lustre of the pearls I got them checked out by our local jeweller who identified them as Japanese freshwater pearls that are probably dyed black. The pearls are roughly 9mm in diameter.

I reduced the string of pearls to about one third to give back to the owner so they could be worn as a more classic string of pearls. I dismantled the rest of the string of pearls for making Found and Formed necklaces. The remaining pearls will become two more pieces: the one I have made for this blog; and a lariat style string as a gift later in the year.

The opening photo is of the finished necklace I have made is one of a kind - three strands strung on jewellery wire with sterling silver findings. There are 33 pearls in this necklace. 

Following are a couple of photos of some of the pearls.


A few more of the completed necklace.



For anyone interested it is for sale - message me regarding price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.