Friday, December 1, 2023

Scotland connections

 

When we were last in Armadale, Fiona and I did a silver soldering workshop with Lindsey Gallacher in Thurso. Lindsey and I experimented with soldering 1mm thick solid silver wire that had been wrapped around Armadale cave pebbles I had grooved with my diamond saw. See raw grooved pebbles below.

I soldered a few pebbles with Lindsey (see below); and brought the rest home with me. 


As you can see from the photos below I wrapped and soldered the remaining stones.



You can see the final outcome in the opening photo - after excess solder has been filed off and wire polished. With the addition of a neoprene necklace these will become funky pendants with a Scottish connection. 

Talking of Scottish connections - whilst I was soldering the pebbles I melted metal - mix of pewter and silver plated brass - and poured six wee cottages (see below). These are the same as-similar to the ones I sold in the markets in Scotland.

The Pebble Pendants and Wee Cottages will be for sale at the 9 December Saturday Sale at DEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.