Friday, December 15, 2023

Reclaiming

 

As a result of my recent launch and sale I have had a few folk offering to give me old, and in some cases damaged, jewellery so that I can dismantle the pieces and make new pieces. 

The photos in this blog show some of the reclaimed bits including those in the opening photo.

The following photos show images of the dismantling process including some of the pieces that make their way to the bin.



I don't keep all I'm given as some pieces just need a clean and can be returned to the owner to be loved again or gifted on to family or friends - in the photo below you can see crystals with silver wire that I will use; and cleaned silver items that will be returned.

Fiona gave me her old charm bracelet to dismantle. Some of these pieces might become pendants for children. The silver chain bracelet itself will find its way into Fiona's silver work.


I will continue to accumulate pieces from dismantled jewellery until I have enough to made a new range of Found and Formed Jewellery.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.