Friday, September 3, 2021

Stencils for an artists' book

 

Over the last couple of months I have been choosing images and cutting and testing stencils. The sprayed images will become a design element of a largish artists' book I have been planning - hopefully for an exhibition next year.

I have been choosing images to match words in the book. I'm cutting the stencils from flexible desk mats; and doing the quick test sprays with matt black paint - though on the plastic mats material it often shows up gloss.

Just sharing some of the test images here.












The size of the stencil cut area range from 15cm to 20cm. I quite like that with the hands cut out I got both a negative and positive image!! I also know I will be able to use the stencils for embossing - the mat material is just over a mm thick. 

I have to cut two more stencils yet.

2 comments:

  1. MC - the hands are lively; and given they relate to my patriarchy poster "uninvited hands" you can understand the sister side of them as well. Cheers.
    B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.