Sunday, September 19, 2021

Taking tiny steps


 The combination of covid grinding on and our politicians appearing to ignore the will of the people tends to drag one down. I thought I needed to do a couple of nano posters (aka portrait post card size): one that would encourage me to hold on to hope; and another to remind me that even taking small positive steps can contribute to positive change.

As you can see from my work desk (below) in DEP I had talked to Fiona about words and done quite a bit of searching online to see how others might express these sentiments. In the end I settled on the two statements printed in this post. There are other to print of course.

I was also determined to use up offcuts and paper rejects to print on - hence some crazy colour combinations in the prints.

I chose bright deep blue-purple being mixed in the opening photo as I find it is both uplifting and references the ongoing struggle for equality; and orange because it is hopeful and healing.







There were some unusual combinations - I do like the one on some handmade paper.



This was satisfying printing. These prints will find their way out into the world.

3 comments:

  1. I'm currently playing around with Inktense dyes on cloth, which has me envying the clean, crisp lines achieved with your letter press inks (and I'm guessing they don't bleed ... sigh)

    I must say the paste paper (at least that's what it looks like) makes a great background

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blue is delicious, love how you two bring hope into these strange days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI LA & MC - sorry I have been off the pace in responding to comments - as they say in the report card - he needs to do better!!! Anyway - I always appreciate your blog visits and comments - thanks. LA - love what you are doing with your dyes and love the bleeding.; but you are right one can get crisp lines with the letterpress - mostly!! MC - thanks - you and other likeminded folk in our tribe continue the ripples. Peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.