Friday, October 1, 2021

Somethings just take time

 


I have been making a stash of tiny book earrings. In the process I had cut enough recycled silver-plated brass metal to make 13 pairs of earrings. I finished 3 pairs last week and finished the 10 pairs above this week.

The books in theses earring are about 2cm long, 1.5cm wide and .8cm deep. Each earring has an inspirational word stamped on the middle page. The covers and middle page are riveted together; and the book is set on a solid silver ear wire.

The making of these earrings is time consuming because of the size and slightly intricate design. Process photos follow ......





Though they are time-consuming I think these wearable books can bring joy.







2 comments:

  1. how you move from this small scale to books the size of small vehicles (well, I exaggerate a bit, but you know what I mean ;) ... amazing as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your handful of bookish treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.