Friday, October 8, 2021

Time to assemble some bits

 


I melted a mix of scraps of gold, 925 silver and silver-plated brass to create some special pieces of melted metal jewellery.

During the week I managed to drill, grind and polish the pieces. Though I did not have a great amount of time for my art today I did manage the assemble the stash above.

Fiona suggested that because the metal was more valuable and had a slight rose gold hue that I might make some of the pieces a little more elegant by adding crystal beads. I did that with four of the smaller pairs of melted metal - drops are about 1cm square.







There were others that made a strong enough statement on their own.


The freeform piece of metal has now become an interesting pendant.



3 comments:

  1. love the same-but-not pairings ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that pendant is so alive, love the way the rivets give a sense of barely holding the form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to be back in blogland Barry and see what you are doing. Love these - the texture is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.