Wednesday, August 18, 2021

In exhausting times - open up to small miracles

 

Today I woke with a sad heart - there is a lot to be sad about at the moment.

 As if the impact of the pandemic has not been enough to challenge us; we are then faced with the sadness of Afghanistan. So many people who are and will suffer for what? We appear to have never learnt that control and violence is not the answer.

I was reminded of a John O'Donoghue poem titled "for one who is exhausted".  A couple of lines that resonated with me today - in times of sadness - are: "Take refuge in your senses, open up to all the small miracles you rushed through."

When I set out on my walk I was determined to note and take in many of the small miracles - some that I share in this blog post. I love the tiny spider sheltering in the fragile beauty of the flower in the first photo above. I love the droplets on blossoms - refreshing - hopeful.














Maybe by taking refuge in the small miracles of natural beauty we can gradually return to ourselves. May we pick ourselves up and hold on to beauty, hope and peace.

4 comments:

  1. So much beauty to remind us in the darkness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Barry, and very cheering. Spring is coming! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful, inspiring and uplifting post. Even in these times of increasingly distressing events, there are people like you and Fiona with kind hearts reaching out to make a difference. Your tireless efforts are appreciated more than you may know.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.