Friday, August 13, 2021

Word leaves - mass production.

 

Initially I was going to make four Daily Leaf Word sets which would involve making 28 leaves, about 7.5cm long, with 7 words stamped on them - one for each day of the week. I have decided to make 5 sets; but also decided to make 7 sets of love, peace and hope inspiration leaves - so another 21 leaves. I discovered recently that I was out of 'give-away stamped leaves' - so decided to use up a heap of different silver-plate off cuts I had placed in a to-use pile. In the end there were 101 word leaves to be made - see the first photo - mass production. The longest blanks are 12.5cm and the shortest 7-8cm.

Because I want the trio of love, peace hope leaves to be very similar I cut high quality silver-plate placemats today for that task - see below.

A lot of time today was spent stamping words on the blanks in preparation for folding etc etc.



Maybe on Sunday I will get to finish folding and cutting the folded leaf forms out in preparation for hammering, unfolding and polishing. The last photo shows my two story anvil - putting one on top of the other made stamping a lot more comfortable. The top anvil weighs just over 30kg - the bottom one is more like 50kg.





1 comment:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.