Sunday, August 8, 2021

Love (hearts) and peace

 


I have finished grinding and polishing some of the metal heart forms that I cast whilst testing the metal melting furnace. Fiona oversaw a number of pourings.  The hearts are cast from melted silver-plated metal clippings I keep aside when cutting up salvaged metal. I keep the silver-plated brass and silver-plated copper separate. Gorgeous textured brass heart above - this heart has about 1% silver content.

The copper heart below has a silver sheen because it also has about 1% silver content.


I have poured a couple of solid silver hearts including the one below; but as they are solid silver they are more expensive. This silver heart is for sale here.

The four together looks gorgeous. I particularly like the unique texture on the top surface of each heart - created as the metal cools.

I have been asked to make some peace buttons for sale through our Deckled Edge Press site. Our peace buttons have been made in preparation for International Peace Day on 21 September.

Fiona and I chose 6 designs of original art works; and I made a stash over the weekend. I love the 3D look of some of the images on the buttons - particularly the "imagine peace" and "believe peace" buttons.


The covid lockdown did provide the opportunity to get some things done.

3 comments:

  1. (((Barry))) love how you & Fiona bring so much Love and Peace into the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing that the images on the buttons look so dimensional, even when seen through the ether ... a great project with strong roots

    ReplyDelete
  3.  
    Hello.

    Natural modeling and patterns.
    They have a sacred atmosphere.

    Take care of yourself.
    Greetings, from Japan, ruma ❃

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.